Wednesday, February 2, 2011

S.O.S Book of the Week

The S.O.S Book of the Week is where I let you in on what new releases I'm looking forward to! S.O.S comes from the term 'Strict on Sale'. It's bookseller speak for a title that you can't sell before a specific date-- think Harry Potter. While the books I have here may not be S.O.S titles specifically, they are all new!

The S.O.S. Book of the Week is:

Taken from Goodreads, "Jason Walker has often wished his life could be a bit less predictable--until a routine day at the zoo ends with Jason suddenly transporting from the hippo tank to a place unlike anything he's ever seen. In the past, the people of Lyrian welcmoed visitors from the Beyond, but attitudes have changed since the wizard emperor Maldor rose to power. The brave resistors who opposed the emperor have been bought off or broken, leaving a realm where fear and suspicion prevail.

In his search for a way home, Jason meets Rachel, who was also mysteriously drawn to Lyrian from our world. With the help of a few scattered rebels, Jason and Rachel become entangled in a quest to piece together the word of power that can destroy the emperor, and learn that their best hope to find a way home will be to save this world without heroes."

Due out March 2011, 'Beyonders: A World Without Heroes' by Brandon Mull looks to be a winner. Embarrassingly, I haven't actually read Mull's other series 'Fablehaven' yet, even though it's been on my to-read list for years! As you know, I tend to judge a book a bit by cover and I really like the cover on this post and the one on my arc, which features a crown.  I love the colors and the style of both covers, though!  Maybe I'll start with 'Beyonders' and see how that works out!

No comments: