Monday, February 21, 2011

Mini Fantasy Cast: Across the Universe

'Across the Universe' by Beth Revis is one of those books that isn't going away.  Even though the book has been on store shelves for a month now, there is still a ton of internet buzz.  For that reason, I thought it was time to do a mini fantasy cast and let you in on who I would cast as Amy and Elder. 


Emma Roberts (Nancy Drew, Hotel for Dogs) as Amy:
I had trouble thinking of a natural red head to play Amy.  So the next best thing?  Find an actress who can dye her hair! Emma Roberts has proven that she has some acting talent and has a pretty wide fan base! As Amy, I think she'd bring out the inquisitive element of her personality quite well.


Taylor Lautner (Twilight) as Elder:
Okay, so you know how hard it is to cast a mixed monoethnic looking character using the actors we see in the industry today?!  Hard.  Seriously.  I think the slight 'rigid-ness' that can be seen sometimes in Lautner's acting might help with the role of Elder, who is quite a stoic character.  


What do you think? Who would you cast? 

2 comments:

Lulu (The Bookworm is Here!) said...

I like the choices! Both are great actors and fit the role... it's really hard to find 'perfect' people but this would do quite well! Great job!

Natalie said...

Great choices! I'm reading Across The Universe right now and think they could definitely fit the role.

I think Karen Gillan from Doctor Who would make a good Amy too. Weird that she's a redhead called Amy who travels in space in that too haha! She's might be a tad old for her though, but this is my fantasy cast afterall!

Not sure who I would cast as Elder, though. Taylor Lautner is the only person who comes to mind!