Friday, February 25, 2011

Book Blogger Hop/Follow Friday/Update

Hello Hoppers! Welcome to the blog! Today was a very slow week at the blog. *My apologies!* I wish I had some really good reason-- like school work or work, but in reality, I had a head cold that rendered me useless a few days this week! As far as reviews, I'm playing catch up and will have a review of 'The Emerald Atlas' up within the next few days.


Check out Small Review's latest post on 'The Iron King'.  She compares a handful of blogs reviews on the popular title, mine included!  


This Week on the Blog:
Mini Fantasy Cast- Across the Universe
Review: Lego Star Wars: Save the Galaxy


Onto the Hops!






The Question of the Week is: Share your current fav television show! Tell us a bit about it...


Answer: This post could get *very* long! I love television and have a ton of favorites. Here's a few of them!


Doctor Who:
My mom brought home the first series of the 'new' Who (starring the ninth doctor) on a whim. I had seen some Doctor Who before, mostly with Tom Baker. Watching Christopher Eccelston as the ninth doctor was a totally different experience from watching those older episodes. I was hooked on the whole Doctor Who universe after two episode and have been a dedicated, slightly obsessed (in a healthy way!) fan ever since! It amazes me how seamless the cast changes are when the Doctor regenerates. I've never seen anything like it before and doubt I ever will from any other show.


Avatar: The Last Airbender:
Don't write this off as any old cartoon. Avatar is ten times better. The story is addicting and pretty complex for a kids show. And the animation? So well done! This is something you'll want to check out if you haven't already!


The Vampire Diaries:
This is a fantastic show. Seriously, it's so good! First, we have the hotness of the Salvator Brothers. (I'll take whichever brother Elena doesn't want!)  Then, we have some great storylines that really do keep you guessing. (Like this week, who saw all those plot changes coming?! This show is just perfect!)


The Amazing Race:
If there's one show I need to make plans around, this is it. The Amazing Race is the only reality show I really follow. It's fantastic, smart tv. This season should be great as it's an all-stars season. My picks for top three? The Globetrotters, The Cowboys, and the beauty pageant girl/father team (who's names I forget at the moment)!


Book Blogger Hop
The Question of the Week is: Do you ever wish you would have named your blog something different?


Answer: The name of my blog? No, I still like 'Brooke's Box of Books'. I've always liked alliteration. Call me a kid if you like! Plus, I can picture some cute graphics if I ever get to giving this a proper, unique layout. My little avatar opening a crate of new books... It could be cute!


That's it for this week. Thanks for hopping by!!!

10 comments:

Lisanna Saunders said...

THE VAMPIRE DIARIES!!! One of the best shows on TV, in my opinion :) I'm a new follower, stopping by for Follow Friday.

Drop by if you please :)
http://lis-diaryofabooklover.blogspot.com/2011/02/follow-friday-022411.html

Anonymous said...

Yay! Great picks, I love Doctor Who and Avatar too, haha. David Tennant is so charismatic as The Doctor and I love the humor and heart of Avatar. :D

Sam @ The Little Munchkin Reader said...

Hopping by! I love the name of your blog!

Please check out my post here: http://samjaymc.blogspot.com/2011/02/book-blogger-hop-6.html

Precious said...

I love the Vampire Diaries! :) So awesome! I found you through the hop!
For me, I won’t change my blog name. For me, the blog name holds the identity of the blog and the blogger. I’ve been blogging for more than a year now. I’m used to it.

Here’s my post: http://shusky20.blogspot.com/2011/02/book-blogger-hop-15.html

I’d like to invite you over to my blog as I share the love with YA giveaways! They end on Feb. 28. I hope you drop by!
Thank you and have a nice weekend!

~Sara @ Just Another Story said...

I like the Vampire Diaries, but lately I've realized I don't like Helena or Stefan. Oh well.

Happy Hopping.

My Hop--> http://unautrehistoire.blogspot.com/2011/02/book-blogger-hop-8-follow-friday-7.html

Small Review said...

Brooke! You rock! Thank you for including my link :)

I used to be strict Team Damon, but lately I think I could agree with you- I'd be happy with either brother :)

I love alliteration too. It always makes me smile when I see your blog name. Your graphic idea sounds very cute.

danya said...

I like the alliteration as well! I haven't watched any Doctor Who in quite a while but I did quite enjoy David Tennant as the Doctor :D

Sarah said...

I absolutely ADORE the Vampire Diaries!

Unknown said...

Thanks for stopping by!

Vampire Diaries does keep you guessing. I don't know what I'm going to do for four weeks waiting for new episodes!

Elizabeth said...

...hopping by.

Stop by my blog if you like.

http://silversolara.blogspot.com