Sunday, December 5, 2010

The Versatile Blogger Award-- Take two!

I'd like to thank Laura from Read Between the Lines for this award!  It will be the second time it's come my way!  (We book bloggers need some new awards!!!)  I recommend you check out Laura's blog for some great reviews on Urban Fantasy and YA titles!




Here are the rules:


1. Share 7 things about yourself.
2. Pass the award to 15 bloggers recently discovered.
3. Notify the blogger recipients.
4. Link to the blogger who gave the award.


7 Things About Me:


1- I'm a huge fan of Doctor Who. Christopher Eccleston is my Doctor. Matt Smith, however, is doing a fantastic job so far with his Doctor! On a similar note, I've wanted a sonic lipstick (from The Sarah Jane Adventures) for years and still have yet to get one! I have a sonic screwdriver, but sonic lipstick is more purse friendly! :p


2- My birthday is right before Christmas, and when I say right before, I mean two days before. I cam home on Christmas day in an extra large stocking. Most would feel jipped having their birthday by such a huge holiday, but I love it. My family always made it a point to celebrate my birthday and Christmas separately. Plus, being that close to the holiday, I never had school on my birthday. Since graduating, I've started requesting it off, because who wants to work on their special day?


3- I'm currently working on a reality show with an LA producer. We're going to pitch it early 2011 to production companies!


4- I can quote line by line 'Beauty and the Beast', 'Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles', and 'The Neverending Story'.


5- Along the same lines, I love Star Wars. I've read the books since I was a kid, can quote the movies, collect C3P0's, and even attended Star Wars Celebration IV. I own multiple Star Wars themed shirts and really, really wanted the bed sheets that Pottery Barn was selling earlier this year!


6- I collect My Little Ponies. Being a product of the eighties, I have plenty from my youth. when they came out again for in the early 2000's, I received a bunch for the holidays. Since then, I've started mainly collecting the first generation ones. I recently bought a pony case that I owned way back when from a toy show.


7- (Thank goodness!) My dream house has a doll room, a library, and art working hanging all over the walls!




15 9 Bloggers Whom I Think Deserve This Award:


Lu's Bloody Big Book Blog
I Swim For Oceans
Muggle Born.net
Far From Reality
Forever Young
The Bookworm is Here!
Down the Rabbit Hole-- this is more honorary, as they don't really accept awards.  Check it out, though!
Lost in the Library
That Hapa Chick


Congrats and thank you!

6 comments:

LunaMoth said...

Congrats!!! & Thank you! i now have 3 of these =) makes me very happy! have a great night.

Library Gal @Lost in the Library said...

Thanks so much Brooke!

Cialina at Muggle-Born.net said...

Aw thank you so much! This is actually the first one that I've received. :)

Good luck with the reality show! That sounds really cool. I would also love a house with a library! Seems impossible right now, but we'll see in ten years. ;)

Julia @ That Hapa Chick said...

Awww thanks! I have already received this but hey who doesn't love getting awards multiple times right? :)

Lulu (The Bookworm is Here!) said...

Thanks so much Brooke! This was my first one ever!

-Lulu :D

Melissa (i swim for oceans) said...

Thank you so much, Brooke :) I really appreciate your generosity, and I loved learning more about you!

Congratulations on receiving the award, too...you deserve it!