Friday, December 3, 2010

Book Blogger Hop/FF/Updates

Hi guys! Wow, time is flying. I just can't believe it's time for another hop!!! Work and holiday shopping have kept me from reading a great deal this past week. I'm going to try to keep up with new reviews, but you might see a lot of older titles popping up here this month.


Book Blogger Hop


The question of the week is:
What very popular and hyped book in the blogosphere did you NOT enjoy and how did you feel about posting your review?


My Answer:  Tough question today! You will probably disagree with me here, but I really hated 'Shiver' by Maggie Stiefvater. It just did not sit well with me. I didn't like the writing. Oh, and don't get me started on the relationship between the girl and wolf. It was just creepy. Even if the boy is a dog, do not let him sleep in your bed after just a few days of knowing him.


For 'Shiver', I posted a short, quick review stating what I disliked about the story. If I liked any bit of it, I'll put it in the review, because who wants to leave a purely negative review? Unfortunately for 'Shiver', I just didn't like it all around!!!


This Week On The Blog:
TodaysMama Holiday Meme Contest Entry
Review: ReBoot Artbook
Review: Harry Potter/Deathly Hallows: The Movie
Christmas Happenings Meme: Week One





The Question Is:
What do you do besides reading / reviewing as a hobby??

My Answer:  I re-root doll heads. I just started getting into it last year when I decided to try it out. Basically, I take dolls who have been given a bad haircut and give them a new fun hairstyle! You can see some example HERE and HERE. It's actually quite fun and with the proper tools quite easy, too!  I'm working on a Chatty Cathy head now that should look awesome!!!

I'd like to thank everyone who stopped by this week! I'm up to 104 followers! E gads! Now I can get to planning a contest of some sort!!! Also, thanks to all who commented on my entries this week! You guys made my day(s)!!!

11 comments:

Zoƫ said...

that's such a unique hobby, I love the bright pink hair you gave that doll, it's awesome!

In The Next Room

Aimee said...

I haven't read Shiver yet, it's on my tbr pile but I can't bring myself to try it. I'm a new follower! My Hop is at Coffee Table Press

danya said...

I know, I had a really tough time getting through Beautiful Creatures. I made it to the end, but only because I pretty much forced myself to keep going. I've seen so many rave reviews of it - glad to know I'm not the only one who had a different reaction!

Haven't read Shiver yet - I got it out from the library but didn't get around to giving it a good try before it had to be returned. I don't remember much of what happened in Linger, which doesn't help matters :D

Catt said...

New follower :)

I was laughing a bit of why you didn't like shiver :) also from the doll thing before I kept reading I assumed cutting the dolls heads off and replacing them, but I guess giving them new hairs cuts is a lot better than what i thought :)

http://miss-check-out.blogspot.com/

Howard Sherman said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Zakiya LadyWings said...

I haven't read Shiver, but I am really excited about getting to it -- whenever I buy it. LOL. I'm sorry that you didn't enjoy the novel. New Follower!

Happy Reading,
Zakiya @ For the Love of Reading

Sarah said...

oh.. I didn't like Shiver either. I forgot about that one, because I didn't review it. But yes, I don't get it either. I thought it was really really slow and.. I guess unbelievable. The fact that she was in love with a wolf, before she knew it was a person was very odd to me.

Cialina at Muggle-Born.net said...

Haha, good points about shiver but I stil found that I enjoyed it!

Thanks for stopping by. :)

Aylee said...

Rerooting dollheads? I never knew such a thing could be done!

Books for Company said...

What a shame you didn't enjoy Shiver, l have to admit l LOVED it!

Brooke said...

zoe- Thanks for the compliment! I really like that Skipper re-root, too!

Aimee- Most people love Shiver. I'm sure you will, too! :p

Catherine- Well, it's not cutting off the dolls head, they come off quite easily, actually. From then, you just clean the old hair off and use a tool or needle to thread new hair on her.

Zakiya- Enjoy the read!

Sarah- Yes! That was the other thing that bugged me!

Aylee- It's a neat hobby. I just finished another this weekend.

Books for Company- I'm in the minority of it. Then again, I have loved books that others seemed to really dislike (ie: Fallen).