Monday, December 13, 2010

S.O.S Book of the Week

The S.O.S Book of the Week is where I let you in on what new releases I'm looking forward to! S.O.S comes from the term 'Strict on Sale'. It's bookseller speak for a title that you can't sell before a specific date-- think Harry Potter. While the books I have here may not be S.O.S titles specifically, they are all new!


The S.O.S. Book of the Week is:


Taken from the only place I could find a blurb and edited to leave out a bit of spoilery material, here's a teeny tiny bit of info about 'Illusions' by Aprilynne Pike.  'Illusions' is the third book in the series that started with 'Wings' and continued with 'Spells'.


"Just as life returns to normal, Laurel realizes that a hidden enemy lies in wait. Once again, Laurel must turn to Tamani to protect and guide her, for the danger that now threatens Avalon is one that no faerie thought would ever be possible. And for the first time, Laurel cannot be sure that her side will prevail."


I've enjoyed reading about Laurels entrance into the world of the Fae. The sequel had a few problems, but I can forgive them. I'm hoping 'Illusions' has something awesome going on. I'm looking for quick witted lines, a good even story, and a bit of romance (preferably between Tamani and Laurel)!


I was all set to go into how I hoped it would be a fantastic ending to a trilogy, but looking at Goodreads, I noticed that a fourth novel is also planned! I'm surprised she's going the non trilogy route! Will it work in her favor? I hope so.


This title comes out May 2011.


Are you looking forward to this title?

No comments: