Sunday, November 14, 2010

S.O.S Book of the Week

Typically, I post these on Thursdays, but I missed last week.  Enjoy!


The S.O.S Book of the Week is where I let you in on what new releases I'm looking forward to! S.O.S comes from the term 'Strict on Sale'. It's bookseller speak for a title that you can't sell before a specific date-- think Harry Potter. While the books I have here may not be S.O.S titles specifically, they are all new!




The S.O.S. Book of the Week is:


"The fourth book in this electrifying vampire series has all the romance, suspense, and page-turning drama that have made Claudia Gray’s Evernight books runaway successes.


Having become what they feared most, Bianca and Lucas face a terrifying new reality. They must return to Evernight Academy, Lucas as a vampire and Bianca as a wraith. But Lucas is haunted by demons, both personal and supernatural. Bianca must help him fight the evil inside him, combat the forces determined to drive them apart—and find the power to claim her destiny at last.


Readers have fallen in love with Bianca and Lucas, and they will be thrilled to read this exciting conclusion to their romantic adventure."


Claudia Gray's 'Evernight' series is one of those that I just fell into.  Funnily enough, it was my mom that kept me reading it.  She just plain enjoyed them so much that I had to continue.  I'm glad I did.  This series has turned out to be a great read.  It will come as no surprise that I'm looking forward to the conclusion, 'Afterlife', due on store shelves March 2011.


What do I expect?  I honestly couldn't tell you. At this point, the characters have taken so many paths I didn't expect that I've given up on guessing.  My fingers are crossed that the ending is happy and that we see more of Balthazar.  (He happens to be my favorite character of the bunch!)


Are you looking forward to 'Afterlife'?  Are you jealous of those who received ARC's?  (I am!)  What do you want to happen?

No comments: