Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Book Shelf Updates

Things to look forward to this week? My review of Cornelia Funke's 'Reckless', my new S.O.S Book of the Week, and hopefully another fantasy cast post!

The purpose of this post, however? To catch you up on my current bookshelves!

I'm currently reading:

'Dead Beautiful' by Yvonne Woon and 'I Am Number Four' by Pittacus Lore. I usually don't like to read more than one book at a time, but 'I Am Number Four' was going a bit slow for me and I decided to put it on hold for a bit! My mom suggested 'Dead Beautiful'. So far, I'm loving it! Once I'm done with that, I'll go back to 'I Am Number Four'.

I have recently finished:

'Garfield Minus Garfield' by Jim Davis-- I actually laughed a bit at these comic strips that were literally Garfield minus, well, Garfield. Some hit a bit too close to home, but were still quite funny.

'The Replacement' by Brenna Yovanoff -- Loved the cover, liked the concept, but felt the story was rushed. Interesting read, regardless.

'Jealousy (Strange Angels #3)' by Lilith Saintcrow-- I enjoyed the third book in the Strange Angels series. Like the other two in the series, I skimmed over much of the action portions, but Dru's POV was spot on. I find it odd that Dru can never be with *both* Christophe and Graves. And with the way this one ended, I don't see that changing!!! Christophe's scenes were as charming as ever and Graves, while down played a bit in this novel, had some cute scene's, as well. Fans of both guys should be pleased (for the most part)!

So that's it for now!  Keep an eye out for my 'Reckless' Review and don't forget to sign up for my book giveaway two posts down!!!

2 comments:

danya said...

I thought Dead Beautiful sounded a bit formulaic from the description, but I've read so many positive things about it that I should really check it out when it becomes available!

Brooke said...

Danya, I'd give Dead Beautiful a chance. Having just finished it, I have to say I really liked the concept the author was going for. Plus, I'm a bit of sucker for stories that take place in magical/odd schools. :p