Friday, January 15, 2010

Article: Author Blogs

One of the best things the internet has done is bring the authors out from the little blurb in the books we love and in to our living rooms with fun blogs for fans to obsess over. Most new authors today have a blog and even the older authors are getting into it now. Here, I'm going to spotlight a few blogs for you to check out!

My Favorite blogging author is Darren Shan. First off, I know from meeting him in person a few times, he is a fantastic person with a fantastic view of life. His blog sounds so much like he sounds in person. He blogs about real life, his books, movie's he's seen... Always an entertaining read!

The next blog I usually check is Mary Hoffman's. She is the author of the great series, 'Stravaganza'. She usually muses on the goings-on of her life and tidbits about upcoming books. Follow the link.

I really enjoyed 'Hush, Hush' by Becca Fitzpatrick. She blogs on LJ about lots of things to real life to writing to online chats.

Read the 'Vampire Academy' series? Well, author Richelle Mead has a blog. Recently, she is posting much about her wedding and she always posts a lot of Vampire Academy type posts. This blog should help all you VA fans (like me) stand waiting for the next book release!

'A Certain Slant of Light' is one of my favorite books. Laura Whitcomb, author, has a nice little blog set up. I love the variety she has-- going from talking about her newest releases/works in progress to how to prepare a supernatural tea party. Click to read her blog!

Think an author deserves a spot on this list? Comment with the URL and I'll add them!

No comments: