Tuesday, April 19, 2011

More Sad News: Lis Sladen, Doctor Who's Sarah Jane Smith, Has Passed Away

More sad news from the BCC...  Actress Lis Sladen, known to many as Sarah Jane Smith from her work in Doctor Who, has passed away today from a battle with cancer.  Lis was 63.  
My own memories of Lis Sladen are from the new 'Who' era.  The episode where she was 'reintroduced' to the 10th Doctor (David Tennant) is one of my favorite Doctor Who episodes of all time and her spin-off show, 'The Sarah Jane Adventures' is a gem among children's television. 


This news comes as quite a shock, as I had no idea she was even battling cancer.  My condolences to her family and friends.  


And what happens now to the character of Sarah Jane Smith?  Will she live on in the 'Who' universe?  Will they acknowledge her death in an episode?  I guess time will tell...

No comments: