Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Hello Fellow Readers!

Me, again! Just wanted to catch you up on what I've been reading recently. Anyone paying attention to my Goodreads (look on left sidebar!) will notice I have added a few titles to it recently. All will be getting formal reviews from me in the coming weeks, but I thought I'd give you all a quick preview!

First off, any young readers out there fans of comics and manga? 'Over My Dead Body: 43 Old Cemetery Road's' by Kate and Sarah Klise is great. It's not a traditional book and uses letters, newspaper articles, comics, etc, to tell the story of a old house and its residents: A writer, a boy, and a ghost. Quick review? It's quirky and I love it. Check out the first book in the series 'Dying to Meet You: 43 Old Cemetery Road' first for background, then dive into this fantastic sequel!

Next up, by Robin Wasserman is the second book in the Skinned Trilogy, 'Crashed'. I have been looking forward to this for a while and had pretty high expectations. Did the book meet them? Eh, sort of. It was good, but, for me, had some problems.

Last up on this mini recap of books, the fourth Vampire Academy book (author: Richelle Mead) entitled 'Blood Promise'. What a whirlwind of a read. I picked it up and literally couldn't put it down. Was it perfect? No. Was it worth the time spent reading it? Oh yeah.

More detailed reviews of these are coming soon, so stay tuned! As always, I encourage you to comment and if you have any book rec's you'd like to share, let me know! I'd love to hear from you!

No comments: