Monday, May 10, 2010

Bookshelf Updates!

Reviews are on the horizon for 'The Dark Divine' by Bree Despain and 'The Eternal Ones' by Kirsten Miller.

Here's a quick word about each title for you...

'The Dark Divine' was pitched to me as being fantastic.  I don't think it ever read as 'fantastic' to me.  The writing style never sucked me in, which is pretty much a pre-req for a book to be anything other than 'okay'.  Maybe the problem is with me?  Books that deal with creatures like the ones in 'The Dark Divine' never really have caught my interest...


'The Eternal Ones'... I'm not done with this title yet.  I'm *nearly* done.  So far, I'm enjoying it.  Honestly, I wasn't sure about this one based off the cover and quick blurb on the back.  Rest assured there are no vampires in this book.  It's actually about reincarnation and love that transcends lifetimes.  It hasn't felt corny yet, but easily could before I turn the final page.

More extensive reviews on these later this week.  Also, my computer (or blogger, I suspect) is adding extra gaps between paragraphs on its own.  If you notice any odd gaps in my posts, sorry!  I'm trying to fix it!

No comments: