Thursday, August 26, 2010

S.O.S Book of the Week

The S.O.S Book of the Week  is where I'll let you in on what new releases I'm looking forward to!  S.O.S comes from the term 'Strict on Sale'.  It's bookseller speak for a title that you can't sell before a specific date-- think Harry Potter.  While the books I have here may not be S.O.S titles specifically, they are all new!

While 'Mockingjay' would have been a great choice for this piece, I've already read it, so it doesn't fit the criteria.  Finished it in two sittings, though,  and loved it!  (I'll write a review for it later.  I'm still digesting it all!!!)

This weeks S.O.S. Book of the Week is:


'Monster High' by Lisi Harrison, release date September 7th, 2010, will be a first for me.  I've never read a 'Clique' novel, or any other 'Gossip Girl'-esc story for that matter. The reason I want to read this has all to do with the marketing, specifically the Monster High toy line.  You must have seen these dolls at a toy store near you by now.  Well, those dolls are the characters in this novel, minus the LA transfer student.

Taken from Goodreads:
They prefer to call themselves RADs, but some call them monsters. So far, the "monster" community has kept a low profile in Salem, Oregon, but this year two new girls enroll at Merston High School, and the town will never be the same.

Created just fifteen days ago, Frankie Stein is psyched to trade her father's lonely formaldehyde-smelling basement lab for parties and friends. But with a student body totally freaked out by rumors of monsters stalking the halls, Frankie finds that life in the "normi" world can be rough for a chic freak like her.

She thinks she finds a friend in fellow new student Melody Carver--but can a normi be trusted with her big secret?
Will I love this title?  I highly doubt it.  However, I'd love to enjoy this novel for what it is-- a fun, popcorny toy tie-in.  Of course, when I do finally read this, you all will the be the first to know how it goes!!!

For your enjoyment, here's a mini video based on the toyline!
(*NOTE: if your video is cut off on the right side, click and watch straight from youtube!)

No comments: