Thursday, August 19, 2010

S.O.S Book of the Week

A new addition to the blog- the S.O.S Book of the Week!  Here is where I'll let you in on what new releases I'm looking forward to!  S.O.S comes from the term 'Strict on Sale'.  It's bookseller speak for a title that you can't sell before a specific date-- think Harry Potter.  While the books I have here may not be S.O.S titles specifically, they are all new!

The first title I'm choosing for the S.O.S Book of the Week? Well, it's a book that was on display at my store for a week and every time I passed it, it caught my eye.  Seriously, I am looking so forward to it that I'm a bit worried I may be disappointed when I actually get my hands on it.



The book is none other than the August 3rd release (according to Amazon) 'I Am Number Four' by Pittacus Lore.  The back flap is one of those back flaps I both love and hate.  It lets you know nothing and everything at the same time.  It makes you interested without giving away big plot elements.  From what I can tell from the book and reviewers comments, this title is a supernatural adventure starring aliens, specifically an alien named named John Smith, aka number four, who is on the run from a group of alien enemies who destroyed his home planet.

For your enjoyment, here is a look at the book trailer for this S.OS. Book of the Week.  Also, make sure to check out the website for this new title!


(*NOTE: if your video is cut off on the right side, click and watch straight from youtube!)



Another interesting tidbit about 'I Am Number Four'?  It's already been optioned for a movie.  Actually, I should say that the movie is already in production and stars Beastly's Alex Pettyfer and Glee's Dianna Agron. Here's a backstage clip that was originally shown at SDCC 2010.


(*NOTE: if your video is cut off on the right side, click and watch straight from youtube!)



So, if you are looking for a new read, check this book out.  I'll let you know what I think about it when I get my hands on a copy!

No comments: