Sunday, July 25, 2010

News: More Sweet Valley High?

I wouldn't be doing my book blogging duty if I didn't comment about the news I just found out.  Author Francine Pascal is writing a new book about twins Elizabeth and Jessica.  This new book has been dubbed 'Sweet Valley Confidential- 10 Years Later' and is set to be released March 2011.

I read many a Sweet Valley reincarnations as a kid and even remember watching the TV show (and then rewatching it when it came to the library a few years back) that ran for four seasons.



This new title intrigues me.  This is what I think Ann M. Martin should have done instead of her prequel.  The idea of seeing the characters we grew up with now also all so all grown up... Well, I like it.

According to one site...
"The twins are 27 and still drop-dead gorgeous. Elizabeth...moved to New York after a bitter break-up and has been on the east coast for eight months. She's lonely and living in a tiny, dingy apartment.
Back in Sweet Valley, Jessica is in the midst of a divorce and apparently has done something unforgivable to her twin, who refuses to speak to her."
 If you head over to the main site for this new book release, add your e-mail to their mailing list and you should be sent the first chapter of this release.  I haven't received mine yet, but when I do, I'll let you know what I think of it!

Also, in case you weren't aware (like me), a movie adaptation is in pre-production. I'm sure the CW will be picking up a pilot next.  :p

As a side note, lots of info can be found at 'Shannon's Sweet Valley High Blog' on not just this, but the entire series.

What do you think of all this?

No comments: