Saturday, February 13, 2010

Valentines Day Reads

Happy Valentines Day to all my readers!  I hope the 14th brings you laughter and joy-- or a least a box of chocolates!

Need some sappy, beautiful, hilarious titles that are perfect for Valentines Day?  I thought you might!  Here are some of my favorite romance'y titles to read!  Enjoy my Valentines Day Reads!

1- "Twilight" by Stephenie Meyer: Regardless of my opinion of the sequels, "Twilight" is awesome chick lit.  It is full of sappy romance, which I frankly don't mind in the least!


2- "Certain Slant of Light" by Laura Whitcomb:  This ghost story has a great deal of beautiful, lyrically written romance that I love.  The story follows two ghosts as they discover love again, as well as work on why they are stuck on the ghostly plain.  Beautiful story!


3- "Hana Yori Dango"/"Boys Over Flowers" by Yoko Kamio:  This shoujo manga series is good for any age group, be it YA or adult.  The love 'square' is one of the best I've read in a manga series so far.  The story follows Makino, a poor girl who attends a rich school, as she encounters the gorgeous and rich 'leaders' of the school known as F4, and slowly finds her life increasingly entangled with theirs.


4- "Full Moon [W]o Sagashite" by Arina Tanemura:  Another shoujo manga, this title is about a girl who has cancer who has always wanted to sing.  When two shinigami enter her life and grant her the chance to live her dream with the time she has left by changing her into a teenage pop star, she leaps at the chance.  While the description doesn't make it seem romantic, this title really does have one of the cutest relationships I've read in manga form.

No comments: