Sunday, February 7, 2010

Book Meme -- General Information About Me and Books

1. Which book has been on your shelves the longest? 
Hard to say.  A lot of my books are childhood favorites from 3rd grade on!

2. What is your current read, your last read and the book you’ll read next?
Current: Guardian of the Dead
Last: Guardian of the Gate
Next: Linger

3. What book did everyone like and you hated?
 'Catcher in the Rye' or 'The Great Gatsby'...  Too hard to choose between those two! Oh, and then there's Tolkien...

4. Which book do you keep telling yourself you’ll read, but you probably won’t?
'Little Women'.  I really do want to read it one day, though!



5. Which book are you saving for “retirement?”
Ha ha.  I have no idea how to answer this question!

6. Last page: read it first or wait till the end?
Wait till the end, unless it's author information.  If it's author info, I might skim to it.

7. Acknowledgements: waste of ink and paper or interesting aside?
Most are kind of interesting.  I like seeing what authors are friends!

8. Which book character would you switch places with?
I think it would be fun to a nameless Gryffindor student in Harry Potters year.

9. Do you have a book that reminds you of something specific in your life (a person, a place, a time)?
'Merchant of Death' by DJ MacHale reminds me of Easter-- Freshman year of college. I received the ARC and read it all day long.  I don't think I said a word to my roommates till I finished that book!

10. Name a book you acquired in some interesting way.
Most of my books come from the library or bookstores.  I did score 'Prophecy of the Sisters' at SDCC once to the amazement of my friends.

11. Have you ever given away a book for a special reason to a special person?
I don't share or give away my books.  I'm particular like that.  :p

12. Which book has been with you to the most places?
'The Grey King', Mass Market size.  A close second is the Paperback version of 'Twilight'.

13. Any “required reading” you hated in high school that wasn’t so bad ten years later?
Nope.  I hated most required reading and don't plan on revisiting any of it.  The only titles I really liked that were required for school were 'Faust' and 'Oedipus Rex'.

14. What is the strangest item you’ve ever found in a book?
I try NOT to find things in books!

15. Used or brand new?
New, most definitely.

16. Stephen King: Literary genius or opiate of the masses?
Alas, I haven't partaken in any Stephen King books.

17. Have you ever seen a movie you liked better than the book?
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix.

18. Conversely, which book should NEVER have been introduced to celluloid?
'The Dark Is Rising' by Susan Cooper.  They ruined it!

19. Have you ever read a book that's made you hungry, cookbooks being excluded from this question?
Uh, no.

20. Who is the person whose book advice you’ll always take?
My mom.  We are essentially the same person!


No comments: