Thursday, November 4, 2010

Book Blogger Hop!

Book Blogger Hop

This weeks question is:
"What are your feelings on losing followers? Have you ever stopped following a blog?"

My Answer: Honestly, I feel if you follow a blog, you are saying to the webmaster, "I like your stuff and plan on checking back". Myself, I've never stopped following a blog, but I don't just follow any ol' blog, either. I try to only follow blogs that I think I want to revisit-- which has turned out to be a bunch of YA review sites, author sites, and Doctor Who related stuff!

When I lose I a follower, it's a bit disheartening, but I'll find another one eventually. Would I like to keep all my followers? Of course! But those that stop following my little home sweet home here on blogspot, I get it.  :-)

---------------

On a happier note-- I just received an ARC for 'Queen of the Dead' by Stacey Kade!!!  It's the sequel to her debut novel 'The Ghost and the Goth'.  Hands down, Stacey is one of the kindest authors I know!  Stacey, you rock!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey! That's a good point you made about not following blogs unless you're interested in them, as opposed to out of some sense of obligation. That's great about the ARC!

(Also, sorry if this sent twice I had some internet troubles).

Julie Anne Lindsey said...

I think you hit it. I rarely stop following blog, about I am also pretty careful about who I follow. I normally will only follow after I notice I'm going there again and again, then I realize, Hey! add her to the list, silly :)Thanks for a great post!

Janet Johnson said...

Interesting topic. Writing blogs are what interest me too . . . that and my friends' blogs.

I've lost a few followers along the way, but I get it too.

Howard Sherman said...

I'm always a little bummed when I lose followers but make every effort to
turn every lost follower into a learning experience so I can improve my
performance.

On the flip side, I only stop following people when they give me a reason to
such as being totally off message or being too controversial in an negative,
over-the-top way.

Happy Book Blogger Hop Friday!

Howard Sherman
http://www.howardsherman.net

Howard Sherman said...

I'm always a little bummed when I lose followers but make every effort to
turn every lost follower into a learning experience so I can improve my
performance.

On the flip side, I only stop following people when they give me a reason to
such as being totally off message or being too controversial in an negative,
over-the-top way.

Happy Book Blogger Hop Friday!

Howard Sherman
http://www.howardsherman.net

Elizabeth said...

First-time visitor...love your blog name.

Stopping by from the hop.

Stop by my blog if you like for my answer to this week's question.

Enjoy the hop.

http://silversolara.blogspot.com

Christina said...

Hey! Stopping by from the hop!

Congrats on the ARC. We all lose followers along the way, but if you stick with it and have the blog that YOU want you'll be fine. Just have fun with it. :)

Hope you have an amazing weekend!
-Christina

http://books-are-life-reviews.blogspot.com/