Thursday, September 16, 2010

S.O.S Book of the Week

The S.O.S Book of the Week is where I'll let you in on what new releases I'm looking forward to! S.O.S comes from the term 'Strict on Sale'. It's bookseller speak for a title that you can't sell before a specific date-- think Harry Potter. While the books I have here may not be S.O.S titles specifically, they are all new!

The S.O.S. Book of the Week is:



I'm a dork when it comes to Star Wars.  I can quote all six movies, have read multiple expanded universe books, have a ball joined doll named Kyp and an Animal Crossing village called 'Falcon' (Millennium Falcon seemed too long for my town!), and attended CIV in Cali a few years back.  'The Jedi Path' is the perfect book for all us kids who grew up wanting to one day wake up with the Force.  

Authored by Daniel Wallace with a release date of September 28th, this book not only looks leather bound, but also comes with a fantastic vault to store it in!  To see the vault in action, watch the video located on Amazon.  Very neat, if you ask me!!!

Here's a quick blurb about 'The Jedi Path' via Goodreads:
"This ancient training manual, crafted by early Jedi Masters, has educated and enlightened generations of Jedi. It explains the history and hierarchy of the Jedi Order, and what Jedi must know to take their place as defenders of the peace in the galaxy—from mastery of the Force to the nuances of lightsaber combat. Passed down from Master to Padawan, the pages of this venerable text have been annotated by those who have held it, studied it, and lived its secrets. From Yoda and Luke Skywalker to Count Dooku and Darth Sidious, they have shaped the content of the book by leaving mementos tucked within the pages, tearing out pages, and adding their personal experiences as tangible reminders of the lessons they’ve learned. Through wars and rebellion, only a single copy of this manual has survived. It is now passed on to you."
While this may not be up your alley, it's totally up mine.  I hope I'll be able to whip up the cash to pick up this pricey, yet fantastic looking book!!!

2 comments:

Daniel Wallace said...

Hi Brooke, and thanks for the post about The Jedi Path! I've hosted a bunch of info and videos related to the book on my blog here: http://geekosity.blogspot.com/search/label/jedi%20path

Brooke said...

Dan-- Thanks for stopping by! It's my pleasure posting about this book. I've shown the trailer to multiple friends and relatives since seeing it the other day! (I know, I'm such a lost cause! :p )