Monday, June 7, 2010

Quick Review: Outcast (Fate of the Jedi, Book 1) By Aaron Allston

Title: Outcast
Author: Aaron Allston
Genre: Star Wars, Sci-fi
Perfect for: fans of the old star wars books, before NJO

My expectations were low for 'Outcast', but I must say it wasn't as bad as expected. I loved the 'fun' nature of it, even if the stories were a bit hard to believe at first. I'd read this over LotF or NJO any day. Allston did good on this-- and made me laugh quite a bit when it came to characters quips! The character of Jaina was more readable than she's been in quite a while!

Characters were left out, including Tenal Ka, Zekk, and Lowbacca, but we did get to see Lando/family and ex-babysitter Winter.

Dare I say-- I might continue the series! Regardless of the hard to believe storylines and the post-Jacen world, Allston set up a fun read that felt similar to old school Star Wars EU titles.

No comments: