Monday, August 31, 2009

Review: Elsewhere by Gabrielle Zevin

Title: Elsewhere
Author: Gabrielle Zevin
Format: Hardcover
Genre: YA/Afterlife/supernatural
Perfect For: Those who enjoy reading the many definitions authors have of life after death


Liz is dead and in the beginning, it isn't very fun.

Elsewhere really surprised me. This book was sitting on my bookshelf being unread until I was bored out of my skull and had nothing else to read but it. I'm very happy to have had to chance to read this strangely amazing book. Yes, it took a while to get used to the voice and at one point in time I wasn't quite sure where the plot was, but it was one of those books I just couldn't put down.

The book deals with acceptance, love, and the issue of moving on. It's funny, sad, and a very different view point of Heaven than past books I've read.

Here's the deal: Give Elsewhere I try. It's one of those you'll either love or you'll hate. But it's definitely worth a look.

No comments: